General terms and conditions of use Leaders in Finance Academy B.V.
- Subject matter
These general terms and conditions apply to each use you make of the apps, websites, e-books and podcasts of Leaders in Finance Academy B.V. (LIFA).
- Use of the app, podcasts and e-books
- In order to be able to use the podcasts and e-books, you first need to install the LIFA app. The app is available for iOS and android devices in the respective app stores, to which specific general terms and conditions may apply. Consequently you can set-up an account with LIFA, following the instructions given to you.
- You may use the podcasts and e-books associated to your account. Podcasts are made available on a subscription basis. You can either purchase a personal subscription for a podcast or use a subscription purchased by your employer.
- The use of podcasts requires an internet connection. Podcasts are available for the period of the subscription.
- Podcast episodes may be downloaded for offline use within the app.
- LIFA will take reasonable commercial efforts to make the podcasts, apps, websites and e-books available. However, it can not guarantee that the apps, websites and podcasts are available all the time or that podcasts can be listened to uninterruptedly.
- LIFA is not responsible for the completeness and correctness of the information contained in the podcasts or e-books. Opinions expressed by the interviewees in the podcasts or e-books are for the sole account of the interviewees and may not be attributed to LIFA.
- You are responsible for all use that is made with your account. You should keep your login information confidential and may not share it with others. Should you suspect that your account is abused, please contact us at [email protected] We reserve the right to suspend your account or to reset your password should we suspect abuse of our services.
- Purchase of podcasts
You may purchase podcast subscriptions via the website of LIFA. Podcasts have to be paid upfront. You agree that after payment the podcast is available for use and you confirm that you waive any possible right to withdraw from the purchase in accordance with clause 6:230p Civil Code.
- Term of subscriptions
- Subscriptions for a podcast are valid for 12 months after purchase.
- It is not possible for you to cancel a subscription and the subscription is non-recurring.
- LIFA may terminate any subscription and/or account in the event that you breach any part of these terms and conditions or when you commit a tortuous act in connection to the app or podcast. In such event you may no longer use the app and podcasts. In no such event shall LIFA be obliged to pay back (part of) the amount paid by you to LIFA.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, LIFA in its full discretion may cancel and discontinue podcasts or specific episodes of podcasts at any time. In case any podcast or episodes thereof are cancelled or discontinued within three months after your purchase of the subscription, the subscription fee shall be refunded pro rata for any podcast episodes not yet listened to according to the administration of LIFA.
- Intellectual property
All intellectual property rights with respect to the app, websites, e-books and podcasts vest in LIFA and/or its licensors. You are granted the rights to use the app, websites, e-books and podcasts as laid down in these general terms and conditions and you are granted no other rights. The right of use is non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable and non-sublicensable. You are not entitled to make the podcasts or e-books available to other persons.
- LIFA reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, functions and features of the app.
- LIFA reserves the right to make adjustments to the podcasts, apps, e-books and/or websites.
- LIFA may change these terms and conditions from time to time by giving notice to you. If you do not want to be bound to the terms and conditions as amended, you must uninstall the app and may no longer use the podcasts.
Should you experience any problems using the app, websites, e-book or podcasts, you can contact us at [email protected]
- The app, websites, e-books and podcasts are provided “as is”. LIFA disclaims any warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- LIFA is not liable for any damage suffered or costs incurred as a result of the use or misuse of any information provided in the podcasts, apps, websites or e-books.
- Without prejudice to the previous paragraphs and to the extent permitted by law, any liability of LIFA shall in no event exceed the amount you paid LIFA for use of the services.
- Applicable law and disputes
The legal relationship between you and LIFA is governed by Dutch law. The courts in Amsterdam have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any conflict between you and LIFA, notwithstanding the right of LIFA to bring a case before a court having jurisdiction in your place of residence.
- General information
LIFA is a Dutch private limited liability company based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg (see for details the Chamber of Commerce).